Today marks ten years since we moved into our house!
This is the second-longest I’ve lived in any one place, when I was born we were living in a very small house and just before my 10th birthday we moved to where my parents still are to this day. After that, I moved out of home when I was 24, so only another four years here and it’ll be the longest I’ve lived anywhere!
It’s funny looking at the old photos and comparing them to now (apologies for the dreadful quality, these are upscaled from the really tiny real estate photos).
I blogged about the move a few days after we’d first moved in and how we turned the “office” that was the garage back into an actual garage, and since then we have:
- Had the roof replaced (not by choice)
- Had double-glazed windows installed (cannot recommend double-glazing highly enough)
- Had a whole new air conditioning system installed since the old one had probably been there since shortly after the house was built in the mid-90s and it was on its last legs (apparently I didn’t blog or post about this at all)
- Gotten a new kitchen installed (one, two, three, four, five)
- Had the original pergola that was there when we bought the house destroyed by hail
- Had a new bathroom installed
- Had nice new downlights installed in the lounge room and kitchen
- Had a new heat pump hot water system installed
- Had solar panels installed (and a new pergola at the same time, which ended up being garbage, and also a carport by a different company who were excellent; we also had the roof antenna taken down because it never worked and it was just a place for birds to sit on and shit, and we didn’t want them doing that all over the new solar panels)
- Had a Tesla Powerwall2 battery installed and our ceiling insulation replaced on the same day
- Had the same type of downlights installed in our bedroom and home office
- Had the pergola replaced a second time, this time by the same people who did our carport
- Had a new air conditioning controller and temperature sensors installed
We also want to redo the whole backyard and back room there, but that’s a massive project and is going to be a number of years down the track yet.